Wednesday, November 28, 2007

are you ready?

for snow that is? i'm not really, but it does make it feel more like christmas. i don't know if it's snowed in your neck of the woods, but it began here yesterday. today it hasn't let up. there are a couple of things i don't like about the snow:
*when it gets dirty & then it's grey, i prefer the pretty white stuff!
*it's hard to keep your car clean especially when it's black, although the rest of the time i love having a black car.
*crazy drivers in the snow & all the accidents. some days it takes forever to get to work!
other than that i love the snow. if i could have it my way, and really should it be any other way, i would have snow just on the grass for the month of december & i would love the mountains to have nice snow from november thru march for a wonderful ski season. lol!

i am loving all the christmas lights! it makes me so happy to see all the lights & listening to so much christmas music! at this time of year there is no other type of music for me. there are more houses in our neighborhood with lights on than ever before. it's so pretty! i took the kids to drive through layton's lights on sunday. we went through twice. if you've never been it's worth the drive, unless you're amy or gretchen, both out of state. we usually go at least once a week to see the lights.

oh another item worth mentioning...i have cooked for 3 nights in a row & will be cooking again tonight! my family has been loving it. it's really not that bad when you plan for it. ha ha! who knew that i had it in me? let's hope this streak doesn't end.

5 comments:

  1. I am way impressed with the cooking, what have you been cooking? I am terrible at that!! I also agree with the lights and music and snow thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to know what you've been cooking too.
    Some nights I do better than others. Tonight not such a good night. Costa vida Baby.... Cute blog I'm jealous your only 29.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya! Christmas is the best! And way to go with all the cooking- I wouldn't mind cooking so much if I didn't have to clean up :( But post your recipes anyway- I need some new ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooo excited about all the snow! Today's dumping made it feel like Christmas to me, except when one of my kids plopped out of the minivan and splattered my fabulous slacks with gray parking lot slush! Other than that...I always say that if it's gonna be cold, there might as well be snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen Tiff!! It snowed here all day on Saturday and I love it! I think you guys have much harsher weather than we do in Minnesota and I'm kind of jealous of that! Don't tell anyone but the weather here isn't really that bad! The boys have been outside playing everyday! Tyler was so excited to see the huge pile of snow that the snowplow made in the court! Good times!

    ReplyDelete