i am really struggling with not comparing myself to others. most of the time i'm pretty good or try to be about not comparing myself, my talents, my kids, etc. to others. i have really struggled with this since crew was born. i just saw one of my high school friend's blogs, actually we've been friends since elementary. we had our sweet baby boys 2 days apart & she looks amazing! me, well i'm struggling with losing the baby weight. i know everyone is different, but sometimes it's so hard not to compare. for me the list goes on...sometimes i feel like i'm not the best mom, the best wife, the best friend, etc. i guess i'm still struggling with finding a balance in my life. i try to keep a positive attitude & todd is so good about trying to make me feel good. it's so wonderful being married to someone that loves me for me. i don't feel like he expects a lot from me & just goes with the flow. i think sometimes we as women put so much pressure on ourselves & still at the age of 30 i'm trying to figure out how to not do that.
if any of you have advice i would love it. thanks & sorry for the venting session. lol!
Friday, November 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jill, you don't have to be the best of anything. I have found the things I enjoy the most are the ones that I acknowledge that someone is better than me and allow that to be OK. It is hard to do with some things (like being a mom and wife) but it can slowly happen. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYou know, I think we all do that at times and I think it's okay. Sometimes I think it helps keep us in check and take a step back to say, "it's okay...i'm not perfect but I'm doing the best that I can". Hang in there! It will pass!
ReplyDeleteIt's hard...I think especially to be a girl these days but you are beautiful and you look so good seriously!!
ReplyDeleteOkay so I hope you realize what beautiful kids you have and that everything we go through is worth it for them. Now the body part,, um your baby is not very old be more patient with yourself. You look great(maybe if you would stop wearing thoses grey sweatpants..J/K) Then we would have to talk... haha.. We need another girl concert!!
ReplyDeleteJill,
ReplyDeleteYou are a babe. You look great! Also.. I think you are the best at being funny. Everytime I hang around you and/or Todd there is always a laughing fit. I think you're hilarious. And you are a great mom- you can tell because of your kids!
We all struggle with this! It's the bane of all women I think! Don't compare your weaknesses with others strengths. We are all so unique and different. Celebrate your strengths! Keep a journal of the things you like about you - and then READ it often.
ReplyDeleteI think you are absolutely gorgeous. You are a great mom, wife, sister, and friend. Remember that you are loved by so many people!! Keep that chin up sister!!
Sorry you are feeling bad but when you find the cure for this let me know. :)
ReplyDelete