I was driving home from work on Friday when I got a call from Tyson's school. School had already been out for almost two hours, they get out early on Friday. I started to panic & couldn't figure out why they would be calling. Todd picks Tys up on Fridays & my husband is NEVER late for anything. I thought oh no did something happen to Todd & he didn't get him & the school is now just calling me? Can you tell I worry way too much? LOL! It was Tyson's teacher. Here is what she had to say..."I just wanted to call & let you know what a joy Tyson is! He is such a good kid & I hope you treasure him. I just can't get over how good he is & I love having him in my class!" I almost started crying! That was one of the best phone calls I have ever received & I was so proud of him. He is such a good kid & we adore him. I feel blessed to have him in my life & love him so much! It really is an honor to be his mom, wish we could clone him. :0)
This conversation made me really think...how often do we recognize the good that people are doing, thank those that make a good impact on our lives, recognize even the smallest good dead, etc? I called my mom right away to share the good news. We talked about this. So often when someone does something wrong or we receive horrible service, etc. we are all over making sure they know about it. Shouldn't we make even a bigger deal about the good that happens? I really think if we all focused more on the positive & the good our world would be a much better place. I know that positive reinforcement goes so far with my kids. I need to do it more. This is another thing that I'm working on.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love this!! I miss you guys!
ReplyDeletethat is so neat. I love that his teacher took the time to do that! That would make my day!
ReplyDeleteWho wouldn't love Tyson. Can't wait to see in a week.
ReplyDeleteThat is really cool that his teacher took the time to call you and actually tell you that. I mean, who wouldn't absolutely love Tys but to actually call you is so special. He is such a good kid, I can't wait to see the little man on the slopes today
ReplyDeleteSusan